2021-12-16: Research Assistant (m/f/d) wanted
The Division Data Science in Biomedicine of the PLRI is looking for a scientist / doctoral candidate (m/f/d) as of 01.02.2022 or as soon as possible. The job advertisement (TV-L E13 100%) is limited for 3 years.
The Division Data Science in Biomedicine is looking for reinforcement for its young, interdisciplinary and international team to investigate the long-term consequences of infectious diseases using multiomics data and artificial intelligence in the context of systems medicine.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Collaboration in interdisciplinary research projects
• Development and application of methods
- for automatic detection of patient subgroups from molecular data
- for in-silico determination of cell type fractions
- for graph embedding using deep learning
• Degree in the field of bioinformatics, computer science, data science or biology
• Strong interest in the other fields and interdisciplinary collaboration
• Excellent communication and social skills
• Excellent language skills in (scientific) English
• Good programming skills
• Experience in the processing of high-dimensional biomedical data as well as in the areas of graph theory and deep learning are desirable
The position is intended for the qualification of young scientists and offers the possibility to obtain a doctorate. The payment is depending on the assignment of tasks and fulfillment of the personal requirements up to pay group 13 TV-L. The position is suitable for part-time work, but should be filled at 100%.
Severely handicapped persons are preferred in case of equal suitability. Proof of eligibility must be provided. The TU Braunschweig strives in all areas and positions to reduce underrepresentation as defined by the NGG. Therefore, applications of women are particularly welcome. Personal data will be stored for the purpose of the application process. Application costs cannot be reimbursed.
Please send your application with informative documents by 31.01.2022 to Prof. Dr. Tim Kacprowski, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: Application NetfLID2